The Introduction to this Toolkit describes how pregnant and parenting women and teens are affected by intimate partner violence, sexual assault and coercion, and reproductive coercion. It identifies the need for a “safety net” comprised of community partners working together to offer resources and referrals, and to address gaps in services.
The Introduction also provides definitions for the terms used throughout the Toolkit, introduces innovative approaches, and offers key statistics on a national and statewide level.
- How to Use These Guidelines
- Abuse Dynamics and Implications
- Where are the Survivors?
- Addressing the Gaps
- Incorporating Advances in Service Delivery
- Terminology Considerations
- Magnitude of the Problem and Focus